Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Night on the town

Last night Julia, Hüseyin and I went to see the band featured here:




They were called MAHALA RAI BANDA and they played at the Half-Note Jazz Club in Athens, a joint down by the Olympeion. It was a lot of fun. There was a little old man who played a mean tuba and a singer in a bright-blue sequined shirt. There was a skeezy trombone player who was doing the salsa hips while he played and kept trying to work his slide out in front of the other musicians. The audience was pretty psyched and there was much stamping and clapping and bravo-ing. All in all, a nice night out.

2 comments:

Jeremy LaBuff said...

I'm so jealous! Sounds awesome, tho my computer for some reason didn't load the photo/video :(

katiemax said...

Oh my god! Is the Half-Note near that place we lived in a few summers ago? I think I remember it...